Any individual, organization, association, or company dedicated to supporting the vision and mission of Nature Rwanda is eligible for membership. Interested parties can apply by submitting an official request and paying the annual membership fee to Nature Rwanda, depending on the category.Membership will be activated upon approval and receipt of the annual membership fee by Nature Rwanda and will remain valid for 12 months, minus one day.
Members in good standing have the right to request the policies and procedures governing membership status from the Board of Directors.
Nature Rwanda values the commitment of our active members in advancing our cause and appreciate their support in preserving Rwanda’s natural heritage.
Membership Categories and Benefits
Honorary Lifetime Members are individuals who have been members of Nature Rwanda for a significant number of years and have made notable contributions in the fields of career services or human resources recruiting/training or have made notable contributions to Nature Rwanda. These individuals are nominated by members and approved by the Board of Directors. Honorary Lifetime Members do not possess voting rights, hold office, or pay dues.
• Nature Rwanda Membership certificate
• Nature Rwanda Membership card
• Heading, supervising, and presiding over various activities of the organization.
• Free copies of all the publications of Nature Rwanda.
• Invitations as distinguished guests and speakers in events to share their experiences with young people.
Contribution fees = Not Applicable.
This category of membership is open to nature lovers who have a profound interest and commitment to the preservation and appreciation of nature and natural ecosystems. These individuals are committed to supporting and abiding by the mission of Nature Rwanda on a membership basis.
The conservation Allies are highly encouraged to contribute to publications of Nature Rwanda through popular and research articles.
- Nature Rwanda Membership certificate
- Nature Rwanda Membership card
- Free copies of all publications of Nature Rwanda
Attend for free the Wildlife Safari and other Field Trainings offered by Nature Rwanda
- Invitations as guests in events organized to share their experiences.
Contribution Fees= Rwf 50,000/ per year
This is a membership category specifically designed for individuals who are passionate about actively participating in environmental research, conservation projects, and community engagement initiatives on a voluntary basis. As a Nature Rwanda Volunteer, you will become part of a community of like-minded individuals who share a passion for environmental conservation. You will have opportunities to learn from experts, collaborate with other volunteers, and make lasting connections within the conservation field.
• Nature Rwanda provides guidance, training, and resources to support your volunteer activities. Whether you are a student, professional, or simply someone with a deep love for nature, joining as a Nature Rwanda Volunteer allows you to actively contribute to environmental preservation and create a positive impact on Rwanda’s natural heritage.
• Nature Rwanda Membership certificate
• Nature Rwanda Membership card
• Free copies of all the issues of the official magazine of Nature Rwanda
• Attend for free the Training offered and event organized by Nature Rwanda.
• Opportunities to participate in some Nature Rwanda activities.
Contribution Fees = Not Applicable.
This membership category is specifically designed for eco-clubs in schools and community groups that actively contribute to conservation, awareness and public engagement activities at the community level.
Eco-Clubs: Eco Clubs are student-led organizations within schools and universities that promote environmental awareness, sustainability, and eco-friendly practices. As an Eco Club member of Nature Rwanda, you will have access to resources, guidance, and networking opportunities to support your initiatives.
Nature Rwanda encourages eco-clubs to collaborate, share knowledge, and the implementation of impactful projects that contribute to Nature Rwanda’s mission and vision.
Site Support Groups: Site Support Groups are community-based organizations that focus on conserving specific natural areas or sites of ecological significance. As a Site Support Group member of Nature Rwanda, you will have access to resources and support to enhance your conservation efforts.
- Membership certificate
- Membership card
- Free copies of all the issues of the official magazine of Nature Rwanda
- Attend for free the Trainings offered by Nature Rwanda
- Opportunities to assist in project implementation at grassroots.
- Opportunities of paid work in different projects of Nature Rwanda
Contribution Fees = Rwf 20,000 per group per annum.
Nature Rwanda offers corporate membership opportunities for companies and organizations dedicated to environmental conservation and sustainable practices. Corporate Members enjoy benefits such as recognition and brand association, networking and collaboration opportunities, community engagement initiatives, access to environmental education and training, publicity and visibility through Nature Rwanda’s communication channels, and access to research and expertise.
• By becoming a Nature Rwanda’s Corporate Member, companies and organizations demonstrate their commitment to environmental responsibility, contribute to the preservation of Rwanda’s natural heritage, and support the mission of Nature Rwanda in creating a greener and more sustainable future.
- A shield and a certificate of appreciation from the organization regarding partial fulfillment of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by contributing towards nature conservation.
- Free copies of all the issues of publications of Nature Rwanda
- Attend the training offered by Nature Rwanda for two corporate member representatives for free.
- A Publicity as a supporter of Nature Rwanda on the website and reports.
- It is expected from all the respected members to support Nature Rwanda
- Use tools and materials developed by Nature Rwanda for free to fulfill environmental and social responsibility.
Contribution fees = Rwf 500,000 per annum
Membership Code of Conduct
Commitment to Nature Conservation
- Members will demonstrate a strong commitment to the conservation of biodiversity and ecosystems in Rwanda.
- They will actively support and promote initiatives that protect and preserve the natural environment, including wildlife, forests, water bodies, and other ecosystems.
- Members will advocate for sustainable practices and raise awareness about the importance of conservation among local communities, stakeholders, and decision-makers.
- Members will strive to minimize their ecological footprint, adopt environmentally friendly practices, and promote sustainable lifestyles.
- Members will conduct themselves with the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty, integrity, and transparency in all their actions.
- They will avoid conflicts of interest and disclose any potential conflicts promptly.
- They will respect the rights, dignity, and diversity of all individuals and communities they engage with.
- Members will not engage in any activities that could harm biodiversity, ecosystems, or local communities.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Members will adhere to all relevant national and international laws, regulations, and conventions related to conservation, environmental protection, and NGO operations.
- They will also adhere to Nature Rwanda’s policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Members will respect the confidentiality of sensitive information obtained through their involvement with Nature Rwanda.
- They will handle and protect data, including personal information, in accordance with applicable laws and organizational policies.
Active Participation and Commitment
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
- Members are expected to actively participate in Nature Rwanda’s activities, programs, and projects, dedicating their time, skills, and resources as agreed upon.
- They should demonstrate commitment to the organization’s mission and objectives, striving to make a positive impact in conservation and community development.
- Members should continuously enhance their knowledge and skills related to conservation, sustainability, and community engagement.
- They are encouraged to stay updated on the latest research, best practices, and emerging trends in the field, seeking opportunities for professional development and knowledge sharing.
Advocacy and Public Engagement
Collaboration with Stakeholders
- Members should act as ambassadors for Nature Rwanda, promoting the organization’s mission, objectives, and achievements.
- They should actively engage with the public, raising awareness about conservation issues, and advocating for sustainable practices in their communities.
- Members should actively engage and collaborate with stakeholders, including local communities, government agencies, NGOs, and research institutions.
- They should foster partnerships and build relationships that contribute to the achievement of shared conservation goals, ensuring inclusivity and local ownership in decision-making processes.